Skills for Business Terms & Conditions
Payment for courses
- Invoices will be issued to registered companies only. Invoices to be sent following receipt of booking form and purchase order (where applicable).
- Full payment by cheque/cash/credit card with booking form.
- The reduced rate will only be applicable if the candidate is personally paying for the course via cheque/cash/credit card/ILA.
- All confirmed bookings received will be confirmed in writing by the college by first class ordinary mail to the address of the candidate stated on the booking form.
Cancellation by college
- All courses are subject to a sufficient number of bookings.
- In addition, the college reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course up to one day prior to the course commencing and will make every effort to contact all candidates.
- In the event of a course being cancelled, all payments will be refunded.
- No further loss, damage, cost or expense will be met by the college.
Cancellation by candidate
- All cancellations must be in writing, either by letter or email to the college.
- In the event of cancellation by the candidate / company / employer in advance of the course start date, a partial refund may be given at the discretion of the college but only to candidates /companies / employers who have cancelled in writing and without prejudice to the college’s right to impose any further cancellation fees or recover any other costs incurred.
- The college will recover any costs incurred and will charge an additional £30 administration fee in the event of a cancellation by the candidate / company /employer.
Withdrawal of examination entries
- Examination entry fees are paid to the examining body by the college in advance of scheduled examinations.
- Where candidates cancel a scheduled examination the college will only credit candidates for these if sufficient notification in writing is given and providing that the college has not incurred any cost or expense in connection with this examination.
- Re-scheduling of examinations may be arranged by the college, but only after receipt of relevant paperwork/booking form(s).
- An administration charge of £30 will be applied for rescheduling exams.
Postage of Results
- On receipt of candidate’s results, the college will post these to the candidates address as indicated on the booking form.
- Results will be posted by Royal Mail special delivery. The college will not take any responsibility for items that are not delivered.
Results / Certification
- Appealing against a result, £60 for a full re-assessment and written report. Appeals must be made within 30 days of receiving the results.
- A replacement certificate must be requested in writing. The college will charge the candidate for the cost of the certificate plus a £30 administration fee.