Skills for Business Terms & Conditions
Payment for courses
Payment can be made by the following methods:
- Invoices will be issued to registered companies only. Invoices to be sent following receipt of booking form and purchase order (where applicable) or;
- Full payment by cheque/cash/credit card directly to the GKC Finance department.
If paying by invoice, the candidate agrees that if payment is not made by the employer/company on the booking form then he/she is liable for the outstanding payment.
Individual candidates should ensure that full payment is made at least two weeks prior to the commencement of the course. Invoiced companies should adhere to the invoicing terms and conditions on the invoice.
If the booking is from a company/ organization new to Glasgow Kelvin College, there may be the stipulation that payment is received in full prior to the start date of the course.
- All bookings received will be confirmed by email within three working days of receipt of booking form
- Where deadlines for exam bookings are put in place by the awarding body, the college will make every effort to register the candidate on the next available exam at the time the booking is received.
- If the candidate wishes to sit an exam and the booking is processed past the deadline, this may incur an additional charge set by the awarding body which will be payable by the candidate.
Cancellation by college
- All courses run subject to a sufficient number of bookings.
- In addition, the college reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course up to one day prior to the course commencing and will make every effort to contact all candidates.
- In the event of a course being cancelled by the college, all payments will be refunded.
- No further loss, damage, cost or expense will be met by the college.
Cancellation by candidate
- All cancellations must be in writing, either by letter or email to the college.
- In the event of cancellation by the candidate / company / employer in advance of the course start date, a partial refund may be given at the discretion of the college but only to candidates / companies / employers who have cancelled in writing and without prejudice to the college’s right to impose any further cancellation fees or recover any other costs incurred.
- The college will recover any costs incurred and will charge an additional £30 administration fee in the event of a cancellation by the candidate / company /employer.
Withdrawal of examination entries
- Examination entry fees are paid to the examining body by the college in advance of scheduled examinations.
- Where candidates cancel a scheduled examination the college will only credit candidates for these if sufficient notification in writing is given and providing that the college has not incurred any cost or expense in connection with this examination.
- Re-scheduling of examinations may be arranged by the college, but only after receipt of relevant paperwork/booking form(s).
- An administration charge of £30 will be applied for rescheduling exams.
Postage of Results
- On receipt of candidate’s results, the college will post these to the candidates address as indicated on the enrolment form.
- Results will be posted by Royal Mail special delivery.
- The college will not take any responsibility for items that are not delivered.
Results / Certification
- Appeals must be made within 30 days of receiving the results. The college will charge the candidate for the cost of the appeal (set by the awarding body) plus a £30 administration fee.
- A replacement certificate must be requested in writing. The college will charge the candidate for the cost of the certificate plus a £30 administration fee.
- If an employer / company / third party has paid all or part of the course or exam fees, the candidate agrees that the college can share information on course / exam results with that organization / third party.